Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Photo from Jurgen Stroop Poster
Warsaw Ghetto Uprising - Photo from Jürgen Stroop Report to Heinrich Himmler from May 1943. The original German caption reads:
"Forcibly pulled out of dug-outs". One of the most famous pictures of World War II. People recognised in the picture:
* Boy in the front was not recognised, some possible identities: Artur Dab Siemiatek, Levi Zelinwarger (next to his mother Chana Zelinwarger) and Tsvi Nussbaum.
* Hanka Lamet - small girl on the left
* Matylda Lamet Goldfinger - Hanka's mother next to her (second from the left)
* Leo Kartuziński - far back with white bag on his shoulder
* Golda Stavarowski - also in the back, first woman from the right, with one hand raised
* Josef Blösche - SS man with the gun
Sign up to Mr. Rebates for FREE and save 12% on any zazzle order in addition to a $5.00 sign up bonus
All Rights Reserved; without: prejudice, recourse or notice (U.C.C. 1-308)
warsaw ghetto uprising stroop "world war II" "jurgen stroop" "world war 2"